Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Note from Heather, Rachel and William

Hey everyone!

It's Heather and Rachel, your friendly neighborhood Psychology majors! This is the first time on this trip for both of us, and we are having a BLAST.

Hey. It's William. On a serious note, I've found that I've grown immune to the poverty that surrounds me. I was shocked when I first saw it, but as I said in my earlier post, this is another world, and for those who live in it, it's the world they know, and my world is foreign to them. Today, we went to the orphanage and it was saddening to realize that all those girls don't have a home or a family, or they have a family that can't take care of them such as the girls who go home on weekends. On the other hand, they seem to be well cared for and well loved by the nuns. They seem really happy, which makes me happy.

On a lighter note, I'm having so much fun. We went to Guissepi's tonight, which is an Italian resteraunt which was fantastic and I really bonded with the few of the orphans, particularly one who took my hand and showed me around, including taking me to her room. Everyone in our group is working very hard, harder then some of the others and I feel like we really are making a difference in the families, orphans, members of the community, and ourselves.

On a tired note, goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment