Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Day of Firsts

Hi everyone! My name is Emily Velichka and I am a sophomore student here at Wooster!

We started our day by traveling to the Mexican-American border. It was amazing to see the variety of artwork on the wall, and even a small garden in front of it. There seems to be so much history documented through the writing there, and it was neat to see many names written.

This is a particularly special trip for me, as it has been my first time on an airplane, first time traveling internationally, and first time seeing an ocean. I was so excited, I enlisted some friends to come with me to "dip our toes in". However, this was not the result, and we ended up with some very soaked jeans!! Regardless of having soggy clothes for the rest of the day, it was so much fun.



We wrapped up our day by eating lunch at a rooftop restaurant with some delicious pico de gallo and were able to shop downtown for a bit. It was interesting to barter with the shop owners for low prices, and many of us purchased some great gifts for ourselves and our families.

I am looking forward to starting the workweek tomorrow and seeing what the rest of the trip has in store for myself and the group. This has been an incredible experience thus far, and I cannot wait to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment