Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday - Day #4

Hello people,
My name is Sachi and this is my first time on the Esperanza trip. My experience here so far has been really great. This trip has been exactly what I expected and so much more. Despite not knowing any Spanish, I still feel as if I'm immersed into the culture as everyone else. Meeting the families we are serving makes the work that we are doing really meaningful and the meals they make for us are so delicious. In addition,  it has been a pleasure working with the other groups from different colleges too. Although the work we are doing is hard, the accomplishments and bonding that happens make it all worth it.
Today, we worked creating a concrete floor. All the groups were present and everyone had a basic idea of the process making the job today easier. Last time while creating the concrete floor I was in a line passing down buckets, but today I helped shovel gravel into buckets to create the cement. Today we managed to finish the concrete floor earlier than last time, so we also helped transfer a bunch of sand dirt out of the owners property. My favorite part of today was taking down some of the dirt on the property using a pick. I never used a pick before, so I thought that was pretty neat. Overall, it was a great day and I look forward to the next, unfortunately it will be hotter tomorrow. But I'm sure the day will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment